Bremer County Auditor
415 E. Bremer Avenue
Waverly, IA 50677
(319) 352-0340 Phone
(319) 352-0290 Fax
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Elections, Voting & Registration
In order to be able to vote you must:
- Be registered in Bremer County
- Be a U.S. Citizen 18 years of age or older.
To register to vote in Iowa, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of Iowa
- Be at least 17 1/2 years of age (you must be 18 to vote)
- Not have been convicted of a felony (or have had your rights restored) Click here for information on restoring rights
- Not currently be judged "mentally incompetent" by a court
- Give up your right to vote in any other place
Deadline for voter pre-registration is 10 days before primary and general elections and 11 days before other elections. A voter registration form can be downloaded here. Registration forms can also be obtained by coming into the Bremer County Auditor's Office, or can be found in the government section of many phone books. Electronic registration is also available through the Iowa Secretary of State's website.
To request an absentee ballot for an upcoming election you must submit a completed Absentee Ballot Request Form to the County Auditor's Office.
For more information on voter registration and absentee/election day voting please visit the Iowa Secretary of State's website.
Other voting rights resources: American Civil Liberties Union of Iowa